As in line with one of our missions at CEU Creations - Educating For Goodness Sake - Each time this course is purchased – a portion of the proceeds goes directly to The Blue Ribbon Foundation. The Blue Ribbon Foundation’s mission is to foster a national public dialogue that can lead to finding the cause, cure, and prevention of neuro-immune diseases.
Social workers, nurses and other allied health providers often work with patients with chronic illnesses. This course explores Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome -- a documentary video along with supplemental self-study resources that provide a brief history of the disease, current research, follows patients dealing with ME/CFS, and highlights the medical system’s inability to address many complex chronic diseases. By participating in this innovative, online course - social workers will learn not only about this disease - but ways that they can assist their patients/families with resources and coping mechanisms.
By the end of the session – the participant will be able to:
- State 2 ways ME/CFS impacts patient’s functioning
- Discuss what types of research is being done to help patients with ME/CFS
- Identify 2 treatment options for patients with ME/CFS
- Name 2 resources that social workers and other allied health professionals may be able to refer patients/families that suffer from ME/CFS.
Social Workers, Nurses and Allied Health Providers working with patients that suffer from chronic illnesses. This beginning level course will introduce participants to myalgic encephalomyelitis and its effect on patients, families, and caregivers.
This online, asynchronous, self-paced/non-interactive (no instructor led lessons) course consists of a moving documentary film, supplemented by self-study resources.
- CEU Creations prides itself on providing exceptional continuing education courses. If you are dissatisfied with a course or select a course in error, please contact us within 5 days and we will void the course and you can select a replacement.
- Once a certificate of completion has been awarded for any online course, there will be no refunds.
- Full refunds are available (minus a $10 administration fee). Exception: Duplication of payment
- For questions regarding the cancellation/refund policy, please contact steve at creationsinc.com
- To receive the certificate for this course, you must complete the entire course, pass the quizzes, and complete the course evaluation.
Continuing Education Credits Offered:
The Forgotten Plague
Information for Providers
Helping Patients and Caregivers
Connecting the Dots for Providers
5 CE Credits
Social workers: 5 core or clinical hours (Association of Social Work Board and Georgia Society of Clinical Social Workers)
Click Here to See the On-line FAQ Page
Case Managers: 5 clock hour (CCM)
Nurses: 5 contact hour (CA Board of Registered Nursing)